Regional Field Advisor – Otago Contract Role
The New Zealand Walking Access Commission is a small Crown entity established to enhance walking access opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced person to act as a regional field advisor in the Otago region. The position is a part time (2 days a week) contract role. View additional role information here.
The successful contractor will join a team of 12 regional field advisors throughout the country representing the Commission and working at local and regional levels with local government, landholders, tangata whenua, recreation groups, and the public. The field advisors’ role is to facilitate, negotiate, retain and promote walking access opportunities in their region and to promote the role of the Commission.
The Commission is looking for people who demonstrate the following attributes:
- an understanding of land access and the related legal context;
- an understanding of, and interest in, the peri-urban and rural environments;
- credibility with local government , landholders, tangata whenua, government agencies, and recreation groups;
- proven negotiation and influencing skills;
- good communication skills, and
- a sense of humour and patience.
The role requires the physical ability to visit and inspect places that are relevant to walking access.
A priority for this position is communicating the objectives of the Commission to the public. It will require very good communication and presentation skills, initiative and sound judgement.
Please apply by emailing your application (covering letter and resume) to email@example.com
Applications close on 23 July 2017 .